1) 7 days Training program for Engineers conducted by EDC:
Haldia Development Authority (HDA) organized a training programme in collaboration with Engineers Development Council (EDC), New Delhi at Haldia Bhawan during 06th to 12th May,2010. In the training programme various topics mainly from civil engineering were covered. During the first session, various aspects of project management such as project basic attributes, milestone, deliverables, resource type, optimum utilization of resources, laws of project management, DPR preparation, Project Management Information System, CPM, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance etc. were discussed. Some of the topics from concrete technology, MS-Project, Auto Cad had also been discussed.
Then a discussion on transportation engineering was held, in which issues such as transportation system, control system, flow entities, Indian road classifications had been included. At last some of the ideas from Information Technology such as SCADA System, sensors, RTU, PLC, had been discussed. In next session, representatives from HDA, Haldia Integrated Development Agency Ltd. (HIDAL) & Jamshedpur Utility Services Company Ltd. (JUSCO) presented on various topics, mainly on water distribution system at Haldia. At the last segment, discussion was maderegarding building material, pavement material, design of flexible pavement for rural road, culvert etc.
Training of HDA Officials :
- a) 11 weeks Remote Sensing and GIS Training at Department of Science and Technology, Bikash Bhawan: The Planning Assistant, HDA was sent for capacity building in GIS to attend an 11 weeks course on RS-GIS, in November, 2010, to Bikash Bhawan.The training was arranged by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of West Bengal.
- b) Assistant Engineer (Civil) attended the workshop on "Kolkata city Dialogue on Air Quality and Transportation Challenge: An agenda for action" on March 16, 2011 at Royal Bengal Auditorium, City Centre, Salt lake City, Kolkata. The workshop was a joint initiative of Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority and Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi. The workshop was on transportation system, traffic safety and air pollution problem.
- c) Executive Engineer (Electrical) and Assistant Engineer (Civil) attended a Workshop on “Regulatory and Policy Framework for Market Development for Renewable Energy in India” on 4th and 5th October, 2010, organized at Astor Hotel, Kolkata. The workshop was on different types of Renewable energy, their source, cost and policy frame work for marketing the Renewable energy.
- d) Executive Engineer (Civil), HDA was sent to attend the Technical Seminar on ‘Use of Fly Ash in Concrete and Construction Sector’ which was organized by Centre for Fly Ash Research and Management (C-Farm) on 31st January’2011 at Kolkata. In the seminar, discussion was held on use of fly ash for cement manufacturing, in concrete reducing the cement consumption resulting economical construction, reclamation of low lying area, construction of road embankment, etc.
2) Extension of Haldia Planning Area:
As per the 98th Board Meeting held on 19th September,2011,in addition to the existing Haldia planning Area of 761.26 sq km,an additional area of 1220.81 sq km covering total Sub division of Haldia and Tamluk has been propsed for inclusion within the Haldia Planning Area.
3) ROB cum Flyover at Ranichak:
As a part of the Mobility Improvement Plan,the Railways Over Bridge cum flyover at Ranichak junction to ease the to and fro movement of Haldia Port and other industries as well as township has been proposed and work has been entrusted to M/s RITES Ltd.
4) Development of Sub Divisional Hospital:
The Board of HDA in its 96th Meeting had suggested exploring the feasibility of development of Sub Divisional hospital at Haldia on PPP mode. The matter was informed to the Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal for their opinion in this regard.HDA has already ear marked a site near Khudiram Square for development of Sub-Divisional Hospital on PPP Mode.
5) Residential/commercial project on PPP:
HDA engaged M/s Bengal SREI Infrastructure Development Limited to prepare a concept plan about the viability/feasibility of different sites to be used for residential cum commercial purpose.M/s Bengal SREI Infrastructure Development Limited has identified one location at Basudebpur near Khudiram Square to be utilized for development of commercial cum residential purpose on an area of about 2 acres. HDA has already advertised for Expression of Interest for development of Residential cum Commercial complex at Haldia.
6) One of the major achievements of HDA in this year has been the approval of a Trade Fair Complex at Haldia. As a hub of import-export based industries, Haldia deserves to have a world-class trade fair and exhibition centre. The proposal for Rs 25 crore facility was approved in State Level Export Promotion Committee and first installment of Rs 10 crore has been sanctioned. The facility will have exhibition centre, Amphitheatre, Auditorium and allied facilities in the 18 Acres complex.
7) Considering the advancement of technology in the field of high resolution imagery based precision mapping HDA has taken initiatives for preparation of a multipurpose GIS Based map upto plot level for the old planning area.For this, HDA has also established an independent GIS Cell with required hardware and software for the proper functioning of the cell. The hardware, including latest work stations, plotters, printers etc had been procured earlier. Recently HDA, through EOI, purchased a single user license of GIS Based software, TNT Mips.