1) 7 days Training program for Engineers conducted by EDC:
Haldia Development Authority (HDA) organized a training programme in collaboration with Engineers Development Council (EDC), New Delhi at Haldia Bhawan during 06th to 12th May,2010. In the training programme various topics mainly from civil engineering were covered. During the first session, various aspects of project management such as project basic attributes, milestone, deliverables, resource type, optimum utilization of resources, laws of project management, DPR preparation, Project Management Information System, CPM, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance etc. were discussed. Some of the topics from concrete technology, MS-Project, Auto Cad had also been discussed.
Then a discussion on transportation engineering was held, in which issues such as transportation system, control system, flow entities, Indian road classifications had been included. At last some of the ideas from Information Technology such as SCADA System, sensors, RTU, PLC, had been discussed. In next session, representatives from HDA, Haldia Integrated Development Agency Ltd. (HIDAL) & Jamshedpur Utility Services Company Ltd. (JUSCO) presented on various topics, mainly on water distribution system at Haldia. At the last segment, discussion was maderegarding building material, pavement material, design of flexible pavement for rural road, culvert etc.
Training of HDA Officials :
- a) 11 weeks Remote Sensing and GIS Training at Department of Science and Technology, Bikash Bhawan: The Planning Assistant, HDA was sent for capacity building in GIS to attend 11 weeks course on RS-GIS, in November, 2010, to Bikash Bhawan.The training was arranged by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of West Bengal.
- b) Assistant Engineer (Civil) attended the workshop on "Kolkata city Dialogue on Air Quality and Transportation Challenge: An agenda for action" on March 16, 2011 at Royal Bengal Auditorium, City Centre, Salt lake City, Kolkata. The workshop was a joint initiative of Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority and Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi. The workshop was on transportation system, traffic safety and air pollution problem.
- c) Executive Engineer (Electrical) and Assistant Engineer (Civil) attended a Workshop on “Regulatory and Policy Framework for Market Development for Renewable Energy in India” on 4th and 5th October, 2010, organized at Astor Hotel, Kolkata. The workshop was on different types of Renewable energy, their source, cost and policy frame work for marketing the Renewable energy.
- d) Executive Engineer (Civil), HDA attended the Technical Seminar on ‘Use of Fly Ash in Concrete and Construction Sector’ which was organized by Centre for Fly Ash Research and Management (C-Farm) on 31st January’2011 at Kolkata. In the seminar, discussion was held on use of fly ash for cement manufacturing, in concrete reducing the cement consumption resulting economical construction, reclamation of low lying area, construction of road embankment, etc.
2) Extension of Haldia Planning Area:
In the year 2013, jurisdiction of HDA has increased to 1982.07 Sq km(Approx) covering total Sub division of Haldia and Tamluk.
3) Development of Sub Divisional Hospital:
The Board of HDA in its 96th Meeting had suggested exploring the feasibility of development of Sub Divisional hospital at Haldia on PPP mode. The matter was informed to the Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal for their opinion in this regard.HDA has already ear marked a site near Khudiram Square for development of Sub-Divisional Hospital on PPP Mode.
4) Residential/commercial project on PPP:
HDA engaged M/s Bengal SREI Infrastructure Development Limited to prepare a concept plan about the viability/feasibility of different sites to be used for residential cum commercial purpose.M/s Bengal SREI Infrastructure Development Limited has identified one location at Basudebpur near Khudiram Square to be utilized for development of commercial cum residential purpose on an area of about 2 acres. HDA has already advertised for Expression of Interest for development of Residential cum Commercial complex at Haldia.
5) One of the major achievements of HDA in the financial year 2012-2013 is the Prestigious Satish Samanta Haldia Trade Centre at Sanhati Maidan, Ranichak, Haldia. This is a platform that provides world class facility for trade promotion, boost export and import in Haldia . The project has been implemented by HDA with the financial assistance from Commerce and Industry Department and local industries at a cost of Rs. 25 Crore on an area of 18 acre.
The trade centre has 20000 sqft. Exhibition hall, auditorium, exhibition stalls, and open air stage, amphitheatre, meeting and conference rooms, library, guest house, gym, Indore games rooms, restaurant, cafeteria, swimming pole, food courts, parking lots and landscaping, etc. which will provide state-of-the-art urban and industrial infrastructure to the city of Haldia.
6) Considering the advancement of technology in the field of high resolution imagery based precision mapping HDA has taken initiatives for preparation of a multipurpose GIS Based map upto plot level for the old planning area. For this, HDA has also established an independent GIS Cell with required hardware and software for the proper functioning of the cell. The hardware, including latest work stations, plotters, printers etc had been procured earlier.