Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
6th Floor, Salt Lake
Kolkata- 700 091
No. 589- PRS/HED/2011
No. 589- PRS/HED/2011
Government of India provides full interest- subsidy for the academic session 2009-2010 during the moratorium on educational loan for students with parental family income less than 4.5 lakh annually, from scheduled banks for pursuing courses in studies in technical and professional streams from recognized institutions of India. Under the scheme, proof of income is required to be certified by the authorities to be designated by the State Government. The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) has also proposed that in order to ensure uniformity in sanction of interest subsidy on education loans, State Government. may designate an authority or authorities to issue certificates based on income criteria only.
Accordingly, Govt. of West Bengal in Finance (IF) Department has designated the authorities as hereunder to issue certificates based on income criteria only vide their order No. FS-21/2011 dated 22.1.11, No.FS-34/2011 dated 22.2.11, FS-42/2011 dated 9.3.11 and FS- 49/2011 dated 17.3.11 :-
1. District level
the concerned district.
|District Magistrate or Addl.District Magistrate of|
|2. Sub-Divisional level||Sub-Divisional Officer of the concerned subdivision.|
|3. Block level||Block Development Officer of the concerned block.|
|4. Kolkata Municipal Corporation||The Collector, Kolkata.|
|5. Students residing within jurisdiction
of civil jurisdiction of Honable
High Court, Kolkata ( Original Side)
|The Collector, Kolkata.|
6. Other areas covered in Kolkata Police are concerned i.e. areas over which Collector, Kolkata does not exercise jurisdiction – Concerned District Magistrate or any other officer authorized by the District Magistrate of the respective districts i.e. South 24 parganas and North 24 Parganas.
The details of interest subsidy scheme for Educational loans will be available from the following websites of Ministry of Human Resource Development and Indian Banks’ Association:-
MoHRD : http://www.education.nic.in/uhe/IntSubsidyonELS.pdf
IBA : WWW.iba.org.in
Interested eligible students may also visit the following Govt. websites and also contact concerned College/University authority for proper guidance :-
Expression of Interest for
Development of Brand Identity and Communication Strategy for Kolkata Film Festival.
1.Object:The Kolkata Film Festival Authority intends to develop a BRAND IDENTITY AND COMMUNICATION STRATEIGY FOR KOLKATA FILM FESTIVAL, scheduled to be held on and from November 10 – 17, 2011 at NANDAN and several other theatres in Kolkata. This Festival is organized by the “Kolkata Chalachhitra Utsav” (KCU) and is supported by the Government of West Bengal.
2. Standard: This festival is accredited to and recognized as one of the ma jor Non- Competitive Official Film Festivals of the World by theInternational Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF) in Paris and has already gained wide appreciation and interest among cine-lovers, critics and eminent personalities of India and abroad.
3. Expression of Interest-cum-Proposals (EOP) are invited for development of a brand identity and communication strategy for the event.
4. Agencies: Reputed and bonafide agencies with a minimum experience of 5 (five) years in the field of brand development and formulation of a communication strategy including web site development, publication of brochure, development of audio visuals and creatives for outdoor and online publicity are hereby invited to submit their Expression of Interestcum- Proposals.
5. Concept: The Proposals should present an outline of the overall model/plan and execution of the project.
6. Time of Execution: The Proposals should present an outline of the overall model/plan and execution of the project.
7. Scope of the Work: The agency would be expected to carry out the following task: Development of Brand Identity and Communication Strategy including the following:- i. Web site development
ii. Publication of Brochure
iii. Development of audio-visual capsules
iv. Creatives for outdoor and online publicity
v. Invitation Cards
vi. Daily Bulletin (design and printing)
vii. Program Schedule
ix. Other publicity materials
x. Any other matter referred to by KCU.
8. Suggestions: Any other suggestion which the proposer considers to be relevant in the context.
9. Submission deadline and fee: The EOP should be submitted, in a stamped, self addressed envelope on or before 20.09.2011 (By 3PM) along with (a) DD for Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty five thousand only) drawn in favour of Kolkata Chalachitra Utsav, Kolkata, (b) Certificate of IT/PT/ST (c) Trade license (d) Last three years balance sheet along with clientele group (e) other necessary papers, if any. DDs for unaccepted proposals will be returned as soon as the process is finalized. The proposal must be accompanied with certificate/certificates from the institutions/organizations for which the proposer had executed a similar nature of works in the last two years. Such certificates must mentioned the value of the contract executed in financial term and nature of work.
10. Address:EOP should be addressed to The Director, Kolkata Film Festival, Nandan, West Bengal Film Centre, 1/1, A. J. C. Bose Road, Kolkata - 700 020
11. Assistance:Any information, if required may be sought for/obtained from the office of The Director, Kolkata Film Festival, Nandan, West Bengal Film Centre, 1/1, A. J. C. Bose Road, Kolkata - 700 020 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 Submission of EOP and Short listing:The applicants are expected to study the different documents/published papers/ reports of Kolkata Film Festival which may help them in designing their proposal. The KCU will make the relevant documents available for reference.
13. Component of proposals:The proposal will have two separate components:
a. Technical Component :
The proposal and working plan including the work schedule, design, model, locations (if any) etc. and
b. Financial Component:
The financial bid should be item wise and gross rate should also be mentioned in the EOP. The rate should be inclusive all i.e., taxes and levies etc.
14. Method of Short listing:
i. Short listing on the working plan would be done, inter alia, on the following basis by a Committee to be constituted by the I&CA Department.
ii. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation of their plan before the Committee members on the following:-
a. The status of the applicant in the country
b. Its experience and capability to carry out the task within the prescribed time frame.
c. Infrastructure and expertise available and the commitment to be engaged for this task from date of engagement to completion of the event.
d. Capacity to link up with reputed institutions/bodies (to be specified) for tapping the best domain knowledge for the assigned work, if required.
e. The applicant will be adjudged based on its technical and financial proposal by the Committee. The decision of the Committee will be final. Any complaints or grievances in the matter will be addressed to the Director General, Kolkata Film Festival.
Finalization of agency
a. The short listed agency/applicants whose technical bids are finally accepted by the committee will be asked to be present at time of opening their financial bid. The Committee will be chaired by the Director General, Kolkata Film Festival. The applicants will indicate if the suggestions made by members of the Committee can be incorporated within the financial bid already made. If yes, the process will proceed uninterrupted. If not, and the bidders desire to submit revised financial bids, they will be given three days time to do so.
b. On finalization of the selection process, the selected proposer will have to sign a standard contract for undertaking the work,
Kolkata Film Festival
THE WEST BENGAL COLLEGE SERVICE COMMISISON
6, Bhawani Dutta Lane, 4th Floor, Kolkata – 700 073
SIXTEENTH STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (SET) FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSORS
AND LIBRARIANS IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES OF WEST BENGAL
(Accredited by University Grants Commission)
Advt. No. : 16/SET/11
Applications are invited from eligible Candidates for the sixteenth State Eligibility Test (SET) for Universities and Colleges of West Bengal in the following Subjects: English(01), Bengali(02), Sanskrit(03), Hindi(04), Urdu(05), Commerce(06), Economics(07), History(08), Philosophy(09), Political Science(10), Education(11), Chemical Sciences(12), Geography(13), Life Sciences(14), Mathematical Sciences(15), Physical Sciences(16), Sociology(17), Psychology(18), Mass Communication and Journalism(19), Library Science(20), Anthropology(21), Physical Education(22) and Electronic Science(23).
Eligibility: Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% Marks (50% Marks in respect of SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates) or an equivalent grade preceded by at least a Second Class 3-year Honours from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University. Candidates pursuing Post Graduate course are also eligible to appear at SET subject to the condition that they must obtain their Post Graduate degree within two years from the date of holding of the SET. Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment concerned Government Order will be applicable.
Application: On-line Application Form along with Information Brochure , copy of the syllabi, and Bank Challan for Fees Remittance will be available from website www.wbcsc.ac.in w.e.f. 19th September, 2011. The last date of submission of On-line Application Form is on 14th October, 2011 and a hard copy of the filled in Application Form along with a copy of Bank Challan (WBCSC Copy) Attested copy(Attested to be done by a person not below the rank of Reader/Associate Professor /Professor of a University or a College/Gazetted Officer) of U.G. and P.G. Mark-sheets, Certificates, Date of Birth Certificate, SC/ST/OBC (As per State Government list)/Visually Handicapped/Physically Handicapped Certificates, Passport size photograph of the candidate (identical with the photograph of the on-line Admit Card) is to be dropped in respective Box at the Office of the Commission in person or by post within 21st October, 2011. No application will be considered beyond the closing date of Application Form. Incomplete Application Forms are liable to be cancelled without any refund of Application Fees.
It may be noted that the on-line Admit Cards will be available three weeks ahead of the date of examination.
Fees: Rs. 670/-(including Rs. 20/- as Bank Charge) for General candidates or Rs. 345/- (including Rs. 20/- as Bank Charge) for SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH Candidates. Afore-mentioned Fees is to be deposited by Bank Challan attached with hard copy of the application form at any Branch of the State Bank of India. It may also be noted that fee submitted by any other mode like Money Order/Indian Postal Order/Demand Draft will be rejected. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Date of Examination : The Test will be held on Sunday, 11th December, 2011 and the Test Centres are likely to be at Kolkata, New Barrackpore/Barasat, Krishnanagar, Burdwan, Midnapore, Malda, and Siliguri. The Centres are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. But the candidates are not allowed to change their option for Test Centre of their own.
General Notes :
1. For details visit Commission’s website www.wbcsc.ac.in and notice board of the office.
2. Any legal dispute pertaining to the SET shall be within the jurisdiction of High Court at Kolkata only.
3. In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. WBCSC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature.
4.The candidates are requested to retain a copy of the Application Form and other documents for their own record.
5. For SET held from 1st June, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/Colleges of West Bengal as per UGC Guide line.
6. The WBCSC has the right to cancel any Application of a Candidate whenever it fails to fulfill the eligibility criteria or the application procedure.
7. The ADMIT CARD generated through on-line with photograph is Provisional.
8. There should be no negative marking for any paper.
Place : Kolkata
Date : 9th September, 2011
2011 W.B. SET- 2011
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education Department
Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake, 6th Floor, Kolkata – 700 091
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India provides financial assistance for Professional/Educational/Training courses to the students with disabilities. This Scheme provides loan upto Rs.10 lakh for studies in India and upto Rs.20 lakh for studies abroad. The interest charged on the loan is 4 %. A rebate of 0.5% is admissible under the Scheme for Women with disabilities. The scheme has been prepared at par with the guidelines of Indian Bank Association. NHFDC is also implementing two Scholarship Schemes for (i) degree and postgraduate level professional & technical courses and for (ii) pursuing higher/academic professional or technical qualification namely :
Scholarship Schemes II (Trust Fund) - Scholarship Schemes II will be available for 1000 differently abled students for studies in India. 30% Scholarships will be reserved for girls students. A student can apply for Scholarship Schemes any time during the academic year 2011-12. Total annual family income from all sources will not exceed Rs.300000/-.
National Scholarship for persons with disabilities (2011-12) (National Fund)will be available to 500 Indian students with atleast 40% disabilities certified as per definition under Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995 for pursing Post-matric/Post- Secondary technical and Professional courses including ph.D and M Phil from recognized institutions. Total annual family income from all sources will not exceed Rs.180000/-. A student can apply for scholarship before 30.9.2011.
Details of above mentioned Education loan and two Scholarship Schemes are available at NSFDC websites : www.nhfdc.nic.in, (e-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). Telephone No: 0129-2226910; 0129-2287512, 0129- 2287513. Fax No.0129-2284371.
Interested eligible students may also visit the following Govt. websites and also contact their concerned College/University authority for proper guidance.
Sd/- S.C. Tewary Principal Secretary
it would be manned round the clock